- Why is NC LIVE providing this service?
It is an additional way to leverage our expertise to fulfill
our mission to support libraries.
- Is there a fee to participate?
What if I already buy a resource myself or through another
Feel free to comparison shop. Buy wherever you prefer.
- What's in it for me?
- NC LIVE performs the work of negotiating with vendors, executing a central license, and paying the vendor on your behalf. This saves you time and effort. NC LIVE also consolidates all of your purchases into one invoice, saving you additional processing time. Finally, NC LIVE will negotiate to keep annual vendor price increases as low as possible for anyone purchasing via CCLS.
- What will CCLS license?
- E-resources and software.
- Can I suggest a resource?
Submit your suggestions
When do deals start?
All deals will run either from July 1 to June 30 or January 1 to December 31.
What if I can’t join a deal in time for a July to June or January to December
In most cases you can join a deal on a prorated basis, paying only for the
months in which you have access. All deals will end on a
common date of either June 30 or December 31.
- Is this just for NC LIVE members?
No. Any institution is eligible to participate. If you are a member of any of the following communities, you may participate in CCLS:
NC public colleges and universities (2 and 4-yr
NC private colleges and universities (4-yr schools)
- NC public K-12 schools
- NC private K-12 schools
SC public colleges and universities (2 and 4-yr
SC private colleges and universities (4-yr schools)
- SC public K-12 schools
- SC private K-12 schools
- Any VISnet private K-12 schools
- How do I sign-up?